[lug] Visio for Linux? Was: stupid MSDN Q

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 6 16:20:24 MDT 2001

These Linux companies and developers really need to get a clue about names and trademark law.  There was a BLUG thread recently about how Killustrator was forced to change its name.  Yet again and again we see examples like Koffice (an MS Office clone), Kivio (a Visio clone), etc, etc.  It's a headache very easily avoided, IMHO.

-John

Alan Robertson wrote:

> "Michael J. Hammel" wrote:
> >
> > Thus spoke John Karns

> > Or perhaps Kivio.  It's a KDE app from theKompany.  Haven't tried it
> > myself, however (not had much need to flowchart lately).
>
> It's not bad, but perhaps a little hard to understand at first.
>
> It's clearly a stratightforward Visio clone.
>
>         -- Alan Robertson
>            alanr at unix.sh

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
 |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |