[lug] preventing malicious scripts

Gus Huber gus at pbx.org
Fri Sep 7 08:51:08 MDT 2001

It should be noted that if you use chroot, if the person can obtain the
root userid or the script is executed as root, it is trivial to break
out of the chroot environment.  Take a peek at
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:o-wwoSfD6Q0:www.bpfh.net/simes/comp
uting/chroot-break.html+Break+out+of+chroot&hl=en  that was the best
copy I could find.. But it is fairly well known information.

	cheers,
			gus huber <gus at pbx.org>