[lug] This Saturday: Unix - one gigasecond since the epoch

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Sep 7 13:39:29 MDT 2001

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 01:03:26PM -0600, Neal McBurnett wrote:
>I hope some python fan will step in here....

[2] guin:jafo$ python -c 'import time; print time.ctime(1e9)'
Sat Sep  8 19:46:40 2001

>has more, including speculation that some silly programmers have
>relied on time_t being 9 characters long, resulting in a 1Gs bug

Ugh...  That reminds me of the guy that Evelyn used to work with that built
a Java-script date/time widget for the company page that hardcoded the
data.  This was in 1998.  *OCTOBER* 1998.  <sigh>

Sean
--
 Charlie Brown peddles his body for crack money while stealing Social Security
 checks and boosting automobiles in "BLAME IT ON THE MAN, CHARLIE BROWN."