[lug] nfs client bugs in RH 7.1 (aka August KRUD)?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Sep 10 16:27:34 MDT 2001

Thus spoke Hugh Brown
> I'm using a 7.1 client mounting two shares from a 6.2 server and haven't
> had any problems.  How's the network card?  What's in /var/log/messages?

The network card seems fine.  I had problems with the way the ipchains were
set up on this, but I'm allowing NFS stuff through on the local LAN now.
But that doesn't seem to change anything.

/var/log/messages just says "Server not responding".  The joy of debugging
NFS.  On the server side there aren't any messages.

> Here's my /etc/fstab
>
> server:/home  /home   nfs    exec,intr,dev,suid,rw 0 0

I'll look up some of these options.  Maybe one of them has something to do
with it.

--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com