[lug] More Wu-Ftp woes

Greg Horne jeerygh at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:26:15 MDT 2001

Okay I figured it out.  Earlier today I had used symbolic links in users's
(heh) home directories so if I ever updated 'ls' I wouldn't have to do it to
every directory.  Well my symbolic links didn't work so I went back to the
original way of using a copy in each directory.  Problem was I forgot to
change permisions.

Before(not working) ls -rwxrwx---
After (Works)       ls -rwxrwxr-x

That made everything work.  So If I acctually wanted to use symbolic links I
just have to modify the /bin/ls file with read and execute permisions for
world.  I'm going to take a breath, go home, and relax.

Greg