[lug] File size limit exceeded after upgrade to Krud 7.1 (2001-06-01)

carl wagner carl.wagner at level3.com
Tue Sep 11 21:06:34 MDT 2001

Is is bad to answer my own question?

Bastille was part of the problem.  They set a file size limit in
/etc/security/limits.conf
   *	hard	fsize	40000
Along with a bug in pam:
   Bugzilla bug # 49386
which created a file:
  ~/.xauth/refcount/root/{hostname}/unix:0
That prevented su-ing and running NS mail, and probably a bunch of
other things.

This file was created after exiting the shell created by su. (it said
bus error on exit)

So all I did was comment out the hard limit, log out, log in,
and everything worked again. (except for the man pages.  Why did
RedHat remove all the useful man pages from man-pages-1.35-5 ???)

Carl.