[lug] Rhythms is closing

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Sep 13 11:37:06 MDT 2001

Ditto.  I lost my Rhythms here recently (luckily I was also moving to
the new house and it was in Qwest coverage) and switched to FRII.  So
far, so good.

[I know this is answering a very old post -- but my mail server was down
for some time while I moved it.]

Someone mentioned 2GB transfer limits.  Agreed with someone else in
that's not the right number.  My limit is 20GB/month with the ability to
pay for more as needed and/or in bulk if the transfers are higher.

One "nice" feature I found out about setting up their service -- the DSL
comes with 10 hours of free dial-up, and if you use PPPoE for your
static IP's, you can also have your statics automatically routed to the
dial-up by logging in with "username/ppp" as your username instead of
just the username.  Very slick.  Nice for setting up automated
dial-backup if you really need the redundancy.  I don't but I'll
probably play with it anyway and have the option if the Qwest junk ever
crashes and burns for a few days.  With anything over 10 hours being a
pay service on the dial-up, I won't be doing that very often though...

Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>