[lug] (no subject)

dan radom dradom at redback.com
Fri Sep 14 12:45:59 MDT 2001

assuming by linux 7.0 you mean redhat (linux 2.4.x) then you need to use a smtp (like sendmail).  with sendmail you can set DShost.smtp.com for your smart relay meaning relay mail off of host.smtp.com for example.  I do a lot of traveling and have to relay of a lot of different smtpd's, so i've scripted it...

#!/bin/sh
sed -e s/DS.*/DS$1/g /etc/sendmail.cf > /etc/sendmail.tmp
/bin/mv /etc/sendmail.tmp /etc/sendmail.cf
/sbin/service sendmail restart
echo ""
echo relay host is set to `grep DS /etc/sendmail.cf |head -1`
echo ""

hope this helps.

dan