[lug] Who is hiring?

ljp ljp at llornkcor.com
Wed Sep 19 15:32:29 MDT 2001

At 15:13 9/19/2001 -0600, you wrote:

>I know job stuff has been frowned on some in the past. But I know the
>feeling of employment problems too. I really hate being able to do the
>job but not being considered "qualified". It seems that being
>"qualified" is not the same as being able to get the job done.

I agree. I could have had a job with Opera software in Oslo, Norway, but
that I didn't meet 'qualifications' for a work visa there- I have no
'professional' software programming experience. Even though their hiring
guy likes my gutenbrowser program.

oh well. I guess those Norwegian women will just have to wait... :)
Do linux programmers have groupies like rock stars?

ljp