[lug] Toshiba Satellite goes blank.

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Wed Sep 19 19:41:02 MDT 2001

I've got an old Toshiba Satellite 205CDS that I'm setting up with just the essentials (ssh,ftp,etc.).

The only way I've been able to get it to show the BIOS is to take the battery out to clear everything. All the websites I've found say that holding esc down during power-on is supposed to display the BIOS. But that's not working.

Anyway. So I accidentally take the battery out while it's shutting down and now it's only showing a blank screen (yeah, I put the battery back in :} ). I'm hoping something as simple as that wouldn't trash it. This is my first laptop. Is that the case? If that's uncommon, does anyone know if there's a battery other than the battery pack that keeps the clock ticking and could be holding a "resume" state on this thing? I'm kinda hesitant to open it up at the moment.

I'm not sure if I can live with myself if'n fact I destroyed a $25 laptop? :{

TIA,

John