[lug] "testing ports"

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Thu Sep 20 08:04:01 MDT 2001

Default setup of redhat is to log kernel messages of a certain severity
level to the console.  This is just your kernel probing the parallel port
and  reporting it to the console.

I think it might be this line in syslog that is causing it

# Everybody gets emergency messages, plus log them on another
# machine.
*.emerg                                                 *

Hugh

"B O'Fallon"