[lug] Transmit error, Tx status register 82

Warren Sanders sanders at MontanaLinux.Org
Fri Sep 21 14:45:34 MDT 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Glenn Murray wrote:

> Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:36:43 -0600 (MDT)
> From: Glenn Murray <gmurray at Mines.EDU>
> To: Boulder Linux User's Group <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>
> Subject: [lug] Transmit error, Tx status register 82
>
> Hi,
>
> I would really appreciate help with the following problem.  My
> workstation syslog is filling up with error messages such as:
>
> Sep 21 14:19:27 adrenaline kernel: eth0:Transmit error, Tx status register 82
> Sep 21 14:20:44 adrenaline last message repeated 4 times
> Sep 21 14:21:48 adrenaline last message repeated 25 times
> Sep 21 14:22:30 adrenaline last message repeated 13 times
>
> and scp has been taking forever.  What could this be?
>
> Any help greatly appreciated,
> Glenn Murray
> www.mines.edu/~gmurray/public_html/Welcome.html

I have had this problem before but not in my syslogs.  I'd get them in my
console.  They are erors from your NIC.  Since I upgraded to 100baseT NICs I
don't have the problem anymore.

I only got them while transfering large amounts.

--
Warren Sanders
http://MontanaLinux.Org