[lug] Transmit error, Tx status register 82

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Fri Sep 21 15:40:54 MDT 2001

Thanks for the responses:

The card is a 3Com EtherLink XL PCI TPC NIC (3C900B-TPC).
I have no idea what the driver is, how do I find out?  I am
running an up-to-date stable Debian system, kernel 2.2.17.

Could this be an ipchains problem?  I do not think this
is a hardware problem because:

This is a dual boot machine and I have no problems while
running under Win2K. Also, under Linux, I don't seem to have
any problem with large downloads via http.  I've noticed the
problem when I email an attachment with pine, download via
ssh with cvs, and scp.  I have none of these problems while
running Win2K.

Thanks for the help, this is driving me crazy.
Glenn Murray
http://www.mines.edu/~gmurray/public_html/Welcome.html