[lug] Transmit error, Tx status register 82

Riggs, Rob RRiggs at doubleclick.net
Fri Sep 21 16:29:31 MDT 2001

There are two drivers for this card. Donald Becker's driver is the 3c59x
driver. 3Com has released their own 3c90x driver for this series. I've had
much better luck with the 3Com driver. You may need to go to 3Com's site to
pick up the driver.

As others have already mentioned, this does sound like your card is not in
the proper duplex mode. If you use the 3c59x driver, you may want to hunt
through the kernel docs to find the right module parameter to force it into
the proper duplex mode.