[lug] CD writing

Taz feenix at ticnet.com
Mon Sep 24 19:52:58 MDT 2001

I bought an Acer IDE 4x4x32 about 2-3 years ago.  Have had 0 problems
with it.  Have had a neighbor buy an HP writeer and couldn't get the
machine to recognize it.  I've heard really good stuff about TDK tho.  I
would buy whatever is on sale.  I'm cheap.  Chances are that if it is
(E)IDE std, than you'll have no problems iwth linux burning.  I use
X-CDRoast and have for some time.  I've used it with the same drive for
almost 3 years.  Only thing tho...I haven't figured out how to burn a
.iso image with it yet.  Just haven't had the time to learn.
I currently have more time than money.  So if the 4x burn fails, I'd try
the 2x.  I've had mixed results with media.  I've never tried to use a
re-writable disk.  Good luck.

$0.02
Jeff

Arlan Ramsay wrote:

> I have used the scsi version with no real problems.  I am
> thinking of getting an IDE CD writer.  Does someone have
> advice for or against doing that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arlan Ramsay
> Department of Mathematics
> 395 UCB
> University of Colorado, Boulder
> Telephone 303-492-7148
> Fax 303-492-7707
> ramsay at euclid.colorado.edu

"Yet they are mistaken, they will be exposed, and they will discover what
others in the past have learned;  Those who make war against the United
States have chosen their own destruction."
G. Bush Jr.  Sept '01