[lug] Windoze-based linux emergency disk

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Mon Sep 24 23:47:05 MDT 2001

I was wondering if anyone has put together a CD with PuTTY and any other apps that they can carry with them for remote admin emergencies. I'm trying to put together a solution for those times when I'm not around a machine armed with these. In situations where I can't just install apps on someone elses computer.

Anyone know of a reason that putting PuTTY on a CD and executing it from there wouldn't work? I don't know how Windoze treats it. Does Windoze need to write to the hard drive? If I execute PuTTY will it leave a foot print on the machine? I'll be borrowing a mcahine to burn the CD so I kinda need to cover all the bases before hand.

TIA.

John