[lug] Fending off nimda/codered probes. (fwd)

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Tue Sep 25 12:59:25 MDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 11:16:09 -0600 (MDT)
From: D.J. Atkinson <dj at pcisys.net>
To: wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Subject: Fending off nimda/codered probes.

Hi Wayde,

This came to me a bit ago and I thought you might want to share it with
those on the BLUG list who are having/have had issues with DoS from
nimda/codered probes.

Basically it suggests using redirects to make those probing look to
themselves (127.0.0.1) for the files they're wanting.

I'm going to set some redirs up on my box.

DJ

--
       o o o o o o o . . .                                  _______
  _/oo OOOO OOOO oo` 'ooooo ooooo` 'o!o            o!o` 'o!o         o!o`
Visit my web page at http://www.pcisys.net/~dj