[lug] CD writing

Dhruva Reddy sledgehammer2010 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 11:16:47 MDT 2001

I have a Yamaha 2100 IDE burner (40x write, 16x CD-R
burn, 4x CD-RW burn).  My system is an Athlon 1133,
and the burner has an 8MB buffer, so I have never had
any underrrun problems.  However, I have never
successfully written a disc at 16x.  Ever since I read
that the faster you burn, the more reduncancy you
lose, I have been burning my CDs in real time.

Dhruva