[lug] configuring snmp.conf to provide eth details

charles at lunarmedia.net charles at lunarmedia.net
Wed Sep 26 11:38:56 MDT 2001

i'm just now trying to get mrtg to monitor ethernet interfaces on my linux
box. i see within the snmp.conf file that it doesnt appear to allow for
polling of eth interfaces by default. or at least it appears that way.

reading through the snmpd.conf man page isnt clearing things up for me
either.

near the bottom of the snmpd.conf sample file, there appear to be options
for less strict configuration, however i am not anxious to open the
machine up completely. could anyone point me to an example of a conf file
allowing interface polls?

thanks -c