[lug] Netra X1

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Wed Sep 26 13:28:22 MDT 2001

At my previous job at MSCD Sun gave us some Ultra 10
workstations.  I forget the processor speed but they had 128
MB of RAM.  It was odd, but in an intuitive sort of way I
felt that it with Solaris had "server" rather than
"workstation" in its bones.  I used it as both and noted
that javac seemed to run much faster than on Intel and that
it was solid as a website server.  However, in the end, to
use it as a development platform I ended up configuring it
to be as much like Linux as possible.  Another few months
and I probably would have taken off Solaris and installed
Linux.

Glenn Murray
http://www.mines.edu/~gmurray/public_html/Welcome.html