[lug] Question - Ftp logs

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Sep 26 15:52:58 MDT 2001

Thus spoke Greg Horne
> I feel better.  But. . .I don't have anonymous ftp on my server.  This means
> that the person was just trying huh?  Also. . .In my /etc/ftpaccess file
> does this look right? (I don't want anonymous logins btw)

It doesn't appear that "anonymous" is set up for your ftp, but "guest" may
be.  It does look like the access was just an attempt.  The person
attempting it may not be aware that ftp using the user "anonymous" is not
available.

Unfortunately, I'm not the right person to ask about the /etc/ftpaccess
file.  I never used that (the last anonymous ftp I set up was with Dell
Unix - an SVR4 derivative - back in the mid 1990's, long after Dell Unix
was no longer available).  Try "man ftpaccess", which works on my Red Hat
6.2 box.  I don't have that file on my Red Hat 7.1 box, which probably
means I didn't install FTP or at least not the anonymous FTP support.

Sorry I can't help more than that.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com