[lug] Netra X1

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Wed Sep 26 21:27:03 MDT 2001

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Kyle Moore wrote:

> I sort of up in the air between the Netra X1 and the Blade 1000 since they
> are the same price. I don't have a specific use in mind but the main
> reason I was leaning towards the Netra is I didn't think the Blade would
> be all that great of a workstation. I don't know the SPARC at all. Would
> this thing be a usable workstation with 128MB of RAM and that processor?

Not in the least. it's not a workstation. It doesn't have a framebuffer on
it. Nor does it have input devices (unless you like serial consoles).

Also, the Sun Blade 1000 is about $15K (High-end workstation). You're
thinking of the SunBlade 100, which is the new low-end workstation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the Blade wouldn't be all that great of a
workstation".

-Ian

--

If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves
upon execution.

					--Eric Jorgensen