[LUG] Code Red...

Warren Sanders sanders at MontanaLinux.Org
Fri Sep 28 09:30:35 MDT 2001

I have placed sym-links to one executable trying to help this little worm find
the bait in all prospective locations.  Still getting 404 results for most that
are "..%c1%1c../winnt/system32/cmd.exe?/c+dir" types.

I'm wondering if I should do something to the cgi-bin effect?  Should I have
placed the executable in the cgi-bin and sym-linked to it to make it run.  As it
is, if they find the files it probably just displays the unparsed code as it
does when I test it from a non infected NT4 workstation.

--
Warren Sanders
http://MontanaLinux.Org