[lug] NFS Mounting From Windows 2000

Matt James matuse at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 14:15:24 MDT 2001

Hi all,

I am very new to the whole Linux world.  I have a
Sparc 5 that I'm trying to install RH 6.2 on - I
started trying the CD imaged - well it didn't like
that.  I then took the suggestion of another LUG user
and I am trying to install via NFS mount.  Here is
what I have done:

Downloaded the files and put them in a sparc directory
Started Omni-NFS Server on my windows 2000 box
Shared to seperate directoris containing the files as
well as my c:\ and f:\ (cdrom)

here is what has happened:
I boot with the cd and tell the RH install to use NFS
It shows up on the server console that the machine is
mounted
The Sparc machine times out and gives error "I could
not mount that directory on the server"

So my question is what am I doing wrong?  It's
probably something simple or it may be that I'm going
about this the hard way.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
MAtt