[lug] Any body got an Olympus c3000z to work with Linux?

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Sun Sep 30 23:09:35 MDT 2001

Ah, gphoto2 is different.  The Fuji I have doesn't need that at all.  My
Nikon does, however.  It doesn't need a device node listed, it finds the
camera on its own.  I have to give it a command line like this:

gphoto2 --camera "Nikon CoolPix 990" --port "usb:" -l

I remeber that getting the path to the correct folder was tricky.  I
needed to use the above command ( -l, to list folders on the camera) to
figure it out.  Right now, however, I can not get the darn thing to
work.  I haven't synced the camera for a few months now, and I have
forgetten how it worked.  It did work though, with something similar to
the above.  I will figure it out, and let you know what it is.  Right
now I don't have time.

Tomorrow morning, though, I hope.

Tim