[lug] meeting space?

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Mon Oct 1 07:02:50 MDT 2001

On Mon, 1 Oct 2001, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Did we determine anything about meeting space for BLUG?
>
> Any progress on the university angle?

Chris Riddoch has been working to establish a CU LUG.  He and I have been
talking about this now for several years, and since he had already file
the paperwork with the University it made sense to move BLUG over
there.  My understanding at this time is that he has gotten us a room, and
that BLUG will be meeting at CU from now on.  We'll have to see how it
goes.

> Otherwise shall we try local libraries? Anyone have any other ideas?

I was thinking of calling the libraries.  Thought I'd seriously pursue
this if the CU facilities fail.  Any other ideas that people have would
certainly be appreciated.

> Perhaps we can find a resturant that will let us have a seperate
> room/space to meet in?

Possibly, that or one of the local businesses might also give us
space.  SoftPro books has always offered us their store, but I think that
we'd make a tight fit there.

> Also, whats the next meeting on? going to be the pippy talk that got
> postponed?

Yes, Mr. Collins has agree to give his talk at the next meeting.

> Just thought I would throw some ideas out before the meeting... ;)

I appreciate it.  Right now I'm working with Chris to get him up to speed
on all things BLUG since he has been working the CU LUG angle.  At this
time it makes sense for him to take over more responsibilities in the
operation of BLUG.  It also means that after six years of running this I
just might get a bit of a break - COOL!

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)