[lug] ssh and Konqueror

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Tue Oct 2 17:00:06 MDT 2001

That's really funky.  Check out the ssh(1) man page, specifically the -L and -R options.

Something like this will do what you describe (assuming you don't have a local webserver on port 80):

ssh -L 80:localhost:<portnumber> <webserver>

Then with your local browser, open http://localhost

-John

David wrote:

> I have ssh access to a remote machine and I want to access a website
> on that machine, I have authorization and a port nuumber for that
> website too.  I guess (only) that I need to create an ssh tunnel and
> use that for a browser connection.  I have two questions.  Is my guess
> right?  Where do read to find out how to do it?
>
> Thanks for any reply.
>
> dajo

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
 |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |