[lug] command-line network config?

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Wed Oct 3 16:18:40 MDT 2001

Hello,

  I've got a network configuration UI that looks something like
that used by netconfig.  ( I can't just use netconfig because of
my display environment. )  I'd like to use command-line calls to
set the network information once it has been collected from the
user.  The netconfig command actually allows this ( do
'netconfig --usage' ), but does not update everything as expected
by other RH'isms.  For example, it puts HOSTNAME in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 rather than
/etc/sysconfig/network.

  Also, is there a "standard" place for network data to be placed.
I hate to have to edit configuration files by hand but suppose that
I could do so.  Actually I'm tempted to just tell people that we
will be re-shipping webmin

http://www.webmin.com/webmin/

Thanks

Scott