[lug] Redhat 6.2 RPM v3 to RPM v4

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 3 16:33:15 MDT 2001

Try getting the RPM4 SRPM (from the roswell beta on ftp.redhat.com), and then do:

rpm --rebuild <rpm-4-whatever.srpm>

rpm -U /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/<rpm-4.whatever.rpm>

Greg Horne wrote:

> When I was upgrading some packages on my system a few said that I need rpm
> version 4.  So I go to install version 4 and the rpm for it tells me I need
> libdb-3.1 and libpopt.so.0.  I found the packages for them (db3-3.1 and
> popd-1.6-4)  When I tried to install those, I was told that rpm can only
> install packages with a major number <= 3.  I'm stuck in a loop!  I can't
> install rpm4 because it's dependencies need rpm 4 to install.  What do I do?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
>
> Greg

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
 |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |