[lug] pleas help raid1

Jason Davis jd_480 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 4 12:39:11 MDT 2001

   jd_480 at hotmail.com

>I"m much more familiar with hardware raid systems, so my comments could be
>way off base. I would think, now that hdc is hda, rerunning lilo would give
>you a bootable disk since hdc is now hda. Look at the md tools
>documentation
>for the other stuff.

im using software raid and i dont know what md is..sorry anyway ..so when
hdc is primary master (after simulated failure) how to i edit lilo to write
the mbr to it ...or what ever i need to do to make it bootable...then to
re-apply my mirriored disk (formarley hda) do i just plug it in as secondary
master? or is ther more i need to do? cause when i tried this (booting the
mbrless hdc with floppy) during the startup i got the responce that there
was no spare disk to rebuil on and i was then droped out to a semi-shell
with few command available. i was asked to fix the disk and can not boot
until i do. i however can still boot with only one drive in just not with
both...can anyone help??
thanks
jd