[lug] Sendmail masquerading

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 5 12:17:02 MDT 2001

Scott, try this token in your mc file, then recompile:

masquerade_entire_domain
                If masquerading is enabled (using MASQUERADE_AS) and
                MASQUERADE_DOMAIN (see below) is set, this feature will
                cause addresses to be rewritten such that the masquerading
                domains are actually entire domains to be hidden.  All
                hosts within the masquerading domains will be rewritten
                to the masquerade name (used in MASQUERADE_AS).  For example,
                if you have:

                        MASQUERADE_AS(`masq.com')
                        MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`foo.org')
                        MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`bar.com')

                then *foo.org and *bar.com are converted to masq.com.  Without
                this feature, only foo.org and bar.com are masqueraded.

                    NOTE: only domains within your jurisdiction and
                    current hierarchy should be masqueraded using this.

Check out the file {sendmail-source}/cf/README for more info on the m4 macros available.

-John

"Scott A. Herod" wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   Another sendmail question.  I'm trying to get sendmail to masquerade
> an entire domain.  According to
> http://www.sendmail.org/m4/masquerading.html
> you can do this by using a MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(otherhost.domain) tag or
> MASQUERADE_DOMAIN_FILE(filename) in the sendmail.mc file.  Does someone
> have a simple example?  Do I need to include every possible machine
> or can I use a range?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
 |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |