[lug] RE: 'ps' command showing user id # instead of username

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sun Oct 7 12:11:25 MDT 2001

One possibility is that the ps command, or something that ps references,
doesn't have permissions to allow it to do the reverse lookups of name.
Either due to the command, or to a file that is being accessed. Else it
means the uid given doesn't have a valid name associated with it, that
would worry me.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com