[lug] 10-minute demos

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sun Oct 7 12:56:35 MDT 2001

Gus Huber wrote:

> >I wouldn't mind seeing a 10 minute demo from a recruiter that is about
> >coaching people for job hunting specifically in the linux world. I
> know, >it isn't exactly pure linux, but for a 10 minute demo, I'd find
> it
> >useful. A recruiter could gain something by doing the demo as well.
>
> Preferably NOT the recruiter who told me she needed somone with 10 years
> of apache experience <G>
>
>         gus-

My experience over the last year is that an "intro level job" means 2 to
3 years of experience at something that has existed for 3 years;
mid-level means 6 year degree or better, at least 7 years as a senior
programmer. Senior level means you have to have been born in the land of
Oz. But this is the sort of thing I'm looking for a way around. How to
open up the eyes of the employer and get them to look at me, instead of
throwing the resume into the circular file, looking at finding out if I
can do the job, rather than asking for unrealistic paper references.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com