[lug] 10-minute demos

Gus Huber gus at pbx.org
Sun Oct 7 13:06:39 MDT 2001

My concern is recruiters telling me I need 10 years of experience simply
administering a product that I have been writing patches and modules for
other employers for the last 5 years.  Apache as a side note has only
been in existance since late 1995, when it grew out of the NCSA server
project as A-PATCHY version of NCSA which eventualy gained market
dominance.  My question is how to convey to these recruiters he
monumental differences between actualy modifying the functional workings
of apache vs. simply setting up webservers (which is what they are
looking for most of the time).  I am getting fed up with the lack of
intelligence in the human resources sector here in colorado.  It is
enough to make me move on to a more economicly viable region of the
country.

	gus-