[lug] meeting space?

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sun Oct 7 14:06:23 MDT 2001

Zichary O`Tea wrote:

> > Is the lot just east of engineering (with parking structure, next to
> > campus police) still available for after hours parking? I think the last
> > time I looked it allowed parking by anyone after 6 PM or so. I recall it
> > was lot 236 or something close to that.
> >
> > D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com
> >

> I'm pretty sure its free after 6 on weekdays, and all day on weekends.
>
> I'm also pretty sure all of that changes if theres a football game.

That sounds like a really big thing to never schedule a linux meeting at
the same time for. The meetings are what, the second Thursday of each
month? Is there a campus game schedule, and are any of those games
coincident with a BLUG meeting? Even with a parking permit, one has to
fight to get in without paying some huge fee during a game. I remember a
number of long nights trying to get things done there and having to
fight just to use the library. Having to argue to the parking people
that I wasn't there for the game, that I had legitimate work to do, and
a permit. Aside from game times though, C.U. is easy to access after
regular hours.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com