[lug] ssh: Could not reverse map address x.x.x.x

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Oct 8 05:02:25 MDT 2001

Sorry if this is only slightly linux, I'm trying to beat a Win 2k box
into playing nice with linux.

Ok, I have sshd running on a linux box (RH 7.1), it works great for most
things. I do run auth port 113 on all my linux stuff, and in some cases,
require it for connections. On my internal net, it warns but does not
require auth. When I use a Win 2k "Professional" (use that word loosely)
to check out from cvs on linux, I get the error from lack of auth port:
Could not reverse map address x.x.x.x

And if I try to telnet to the win box, port 113, it has no connection
allowed. So I know auth is not running. Does anyone here know how to
enable auth on Win 2k? I think it might be interfering with some things
to not have it, and I must enable it to be sure (plus I want auth
working, period, I consider it a "good thing").

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com