[lug] U.S. Robotics 56K v.90 modem problem?

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Mon Oct 8 10:55:45 MDT 2001

Do you have a problem before linux is fully booted (i.e. if you go into the
BIOS setup, do the phones go down?).  If you do, it's the modem.  If not I
would boot linux and then disable the modem.  I might also try moving it
into a different computer.  Any lightning storms near your house recently?

Hugh

"David Stepaniak"