[lug] linuxconf and sendmail config

dan radom dradom at redback.com
Mon Oct 8 17:31:30 MDT 2001

ok.  this looks like you're not really using sendmail to host a mail domain, rather then to pull mail from a pop3d to your machine...something along the lines of fetchmail.  is that right?  if so fetchmail can deliver mail directly to a MDA like procmail which can then filter it based on receipes (rules).  if that's the case there's no reason to run sendmail at all.  sendmail will invoke itself once to send outgoing emails and then close, so outgoing mail isn't an issue.

dan