[lug] USB mouse w/ Red Hat 7

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Oct 8 22:37:16 MDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 08:21:19PM -0600, Ian Vaughn Bevan wrote:
>Any ideas on getting Red Hat 7 to recognize an external USB mouse connected to
>a laptop?

I set this up a while ago for a friend.  Getting the USB system to
recognise the mouse wasn't that hard.  Then to get X to deal with it, I had
to tell it about using a supplemental pointing device in the config file.
I don't recall exactly what the config entry was, but once I added it and
restarted X, both pointers worked.  Sorry it's so vague, it was over a year
ago and I didn't take notes.  ;-)

I seem to recall searching google to get some hints.

Sean
--
 Your e-mail has been returned due to insufficient voltage.