[lug] PCMCIA Boot Disk Driver

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Oct 9 09:44:38 MDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:20:55AM -0600, Ferdinand Schmid wrote:
>... or you get a USB floppy (for $99).  Then you can boot from floppy for less
>than the cost of a docking station.  But I still can't understand what IBM was
>thinking when they decided that their X20 series laptops didn't need a serial or
>parallel port!  Again you are back to USB adapters - what a pain!

Yeah.  It's a good laptop, but lack of serial on the base unit sucks.  I
don't think I've *EVER* used parallel on my laptops.  ;-)  At least it has
video on the base unit, unlike the Vaios.

What I really wish was that the system could boot from compact flash, since
it has a CF slot in it.  That'd be pretty handy...

Sean
--
 A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops.
 On my desk I have a workstation...