[lug] KRUD initrd.img boot failure

Michael Deck deckm at cleansoft.com
Tue Oct 9 10:42:26 MDT 2001

I'm trying to replace Mandrake 7.2 with KRUD 09-01-01 and am getting the
message

   initrd.imd...
   Boot Failure: replace disk and hit any key

This happens when I boot from CDROM so I suspected media or hardware. I did
a dd from boot.img onto a floppy and tried to boot from floppy. Same
message. Tried another floppy and still no go. Tried KRUD 08-01-01 and same
problem.

Can anyone offer any other suggestions? I really want to do a fresh install
because I didn't install tripwire when I put in Mandrake and I really don't
want to install tripwire on a machine that might already be compromised.
Also I now have a very nice subscription to KRUD so I can keep myself
up-to-date.

-M

Michael Deck
Cleanroom Software Engineering, Inc.