[lug] cvs question

Chris Wade cwade at veripost.net
Tue Oct 9 11:11:26 MDT 2001

So I've got a development tree that was branched in cvs a while back, the
intention was to use the branch for bugfixes to a certain release and to
continue devlopment on the main trunk.  However, what happened was that the
trunk version of my code went through some sweeping changes and then got
abandoned, while main development continued for a couple of months on the
branch.  At this point I am way past the point of being able to successfully
merge all of the files back into the trunk, so I am wondering if anyone
knows of a quick and easy way to split off the current trunk version into a
separate branch in case I ever get back to it, and re-assign all of the
branch files to the trunk?

There are a lot of files here... I can do them all one-by-one, but I'm
hoping there's a more elegant way.

Thanks in advance,

Chris