[lug] VNC and gdm

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Tue Oct 9 17:01:19 MDT 2001

SCHWEET.

You sending me this stuff has just jogged the creative juices.

I've set it up to run from inetd (thanks Doug for the instructions.)

Then, I created an html page on my localhost's apache server calling the
java vnc viewer applet which then connects to the local inetd served port.
Problem solved -- pretty gdm login through a web browser that wows the
managers.  Excellent.

Whooo... Oy... It's been a long day.

Thanks again for the help!  I'm going to run home and go into a coma now,
but I'll post all of what I did tomorrow for everyone.