[lug] PCMCIA Boot Disk Driver

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Wed Oct 10 15:21:07 MDT 2001

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Sean Reifschneider said:

> Yeah.  It's a good laptop, but lack of serial on the base unit sucks.  I
> don't think I've *EVER* used parallel on my laptops.  ;-)  At least it has
> video on the base unit, unlike the Vaios.

I've had ocassion to use the || part a few times: a coupla times to
print, but more importantly when the pcmcia socket ass'y - internel to the
machine - loosened up over two yrs time, the plip driver came to the
rescue which allowed a (all-be-it slow) network connection to do file
x-fers until I had the time to completely disassemble the thing to fix the
problem.

John Karns                                        jkarns at csd.net