[lug] adding supermount to Red Hat

qqq1one @yahoo.com qqq1one at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 01:15:12 MDT 2001

Can anyone recommend a good way to go about adding
supermount capability to a Red Hat (not Mandrake)
distribution?  I'd like to be able to use floppies
without having to manually do a umount/mount cycle
every time I put in a new floppy.

I know that at least part of the supermount capability
is included in the initscripts package that comes with
Mandrake linux.

Am I on the right track here?  In Mandrake, it looks
like there is kernel module called supermount.o and
also a /usr/sbin/supermount script which modifies
/etc/fstab to do supermount on the cdrom and floppy.
I wasn't able to see where these are built by the
source version of the rpm.  The word "super" does not
seem to appear in any of the files in the source rpm
version of the package.

Any ideas on how to go about this?  Is there an easier way?