[lug] software development/engineering books

Rob Nagler nagler at bivio.net
Fri Oct 12 07:21:35 MDT 2001

I have to add.

Psychology of Computer Programming by Gerry Weinberg

and

Quality Software Management: Vol. 1 Systems Thinking by Gerry Weinberg.

He's written many books, but I think these are his best.

I'm currently reading: Software Fundamentals: Collected Papers by
David Parnas.  If you haven't read some of David Parnas' papers,
you should.  His most famous paper "On the criteria to be used in
decomposing systems into modules" is the seminal paper on information
hiding.  IH is the "why" of object-oriented programming.  The are
other great papers in this book.

Rob