[lug] Mailman (Exim? uid?) problem

Glenn Murray gmurray at Mines.EDU
Fri Oct 12 15:33:52 MDT 2001

I'm trying to install/run the mailing list archiver Mailman and it
won't confirm a subscription request---it will send the message asking
for confirmation, but not acknowledge the reply.  I am using the stock
Debian download and trying to figure out what to do from the online
docs.  Unfortunately those docs are for build-from-scratch and I can't
find a README_DEBIAN.  Anyway, the only thing I can seem to find is:

# tail /var/log/exim/mainlog
2001-10-12 15:24:06 15s9mo-0001Yp-00 Neither the system_aliases
director nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery
of |/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd workbench

Any help would be appreciated,
Glenn Murray
www.mines.edu/~gmurray/public_html/Welcome.html