[lug] telnetd problem

Chris Wade cwade at veripost.net
Sun Oct 14 21:52:07 MDT 2001

So here's what happens:

I vpn in to work, get into a shell there and telnet back to my home
machine's IP port 113.  Works ok, I get the 'Connected to...' message, type,
get an error and am kicked out.  So that's fine... Then I try it from the
laptop using SecureCRT and I get a flashing cursor, no introductory message,
but I type and get an error and am kicked out.  So I guess that's normal,
then I try it from dos (cmd) and get nothing but a cursor, doesn't show my
keystrokes, I hit any key and return and I'm out.  So I suppose it's working
from all three, just with varying degrees of communication.

Chris