[lug] Re: [NCLUG] Sean's geek travels.

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Mon Oct 15 01:20:35 MDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 06:20:40AM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
>Hmm... do you remember a device called the Quinkey?  It had 6 buttons

I've tried the "Twiddler", which has 3 keys for each finger, plus a few
buttons for the thumb to do things like mouse selection and alt...  It's
horribly uncomfortable though...  I figure it should be easy enough to do
letters plus punctuation with the fingers, where each finger has the
ability to press two buttons.  So, each finger would be up, down, or at
rest.

With sticky keys or dead keys, it should be pretty easy to get a rather
rich set of glyphs -- in the neighborhood of 70...  My largest concern is
making something that's comfortable...

>http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~len/boog/aghist.htm

I'll have to check it out.  Thanks.  Chris over in BLUG mentioned the
Dvorak single-handed layout, which could be interesting as well.

Sean
--
 "Smart...  Subtle...  And trickier than a bathtub full of jello." -- Blue