Allmost OT: Re: [lug] telnetd problem

Chris Wade cwade at veripost.net
Mon Oct 15 11:12:13 MDT 2001

Sorry, deleted too much of the previous thread in my last reply.  When I get
this set up the way I want it, it will be:

world -----> cable modem -----> linux gateway/firewall --> local network

And I will certainly use SSH to get in from the outside world after reading
the replies here.  Just to make things completely clear, though, is there
any security risk involved in using telnet between boxes that are behind the
firewall, where information does not normally get passed out to the world?
It's a bit academic at this point, but it would help me understand How
Things Work.

Thanks,

Chris